WEEK 4 of the #JenSelterCHALLENGE !!
Okay everyone you are doing great! Hopefully you have been keeping up and every day you are getting better! You are on the home stretch of the challenge! Time to step it up and really push yourself. Remember you can start the challenge over at the end or if you missed a few days, jump in! Fitness is an everyday journey, not just a 30-day fix! GET INSPIRED AND BE INSPIRING!!!
- 25 High knees
- 20 Air Squats
- 6 Push-Ups
- Rest for 1 minute --> Repeat (3x)
- RUN in place for 1 minute OR complete 1 minute of JUMPING JACKS
- 20 Burpees (try not to modify, put your chest right down to ground)
- 20 Goblet Squats (hold weight of your choice at chest level and do deep squat/stand all way up)
- 20 Crunches
- 30 second Leg Lifts
- 30 second Plank
REPEAT for 5 Rounds
FIND a BUDDY! Through my experience I find it more motivating to stay on track when I have a workout buddy! Find someone who you know will be accountable and you will help each other stay motivated. Send each other messages throughout the day; maybe text or snap your food choices to help you stay away from poor food choices. Make sure you can find a time where you both meet to work out together. A buddy is a great way to help meet each other on your goals. Perhaps set a date that you are focused on – a big event, a reunion, or a trip! You got this babe!!
FOLLOW THE warm-up above or create your own to get your heart rate up then stretch and complete the below!
Part A: Set your clock for 12 minutes
ON the ODD minutes do 10 Push-Ups
- ON the EVEN minutes: MAX EFFORT Russian Twists with a dumbbell or medicine ball! (Try to go for the whole minute. If you’re unable to, do as many as you can until failure. Only do one set per minute and rest the remainder of the time)
Repeat until 12 minutes is up. IF you finish before your minute is up, just REST. But be sure to try and complete the reps within the assigned minute. If you do not, pick a scalable number you’re able to complete each round.
Part B: Set your clock for 10 Minutes
- ON the ODD minutes do Power Air Squats (as many as possible)
- ON the EVEN minutes do Lateral Arm Raises (with weight)
CARDIO DAY – YOUR CHOICE (30-45 minutes) or complete a workout from one of my past weeks :) get your sweat on loves!
YOU CANNOT OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET! You can be your own worst enemy. It is important to be aware of what you are eating and drinking during the day. Doing a great work out and then consuming “reward” foods will only sabotage your hard work! Do your best to stick to nutrient dense foods in correct portions. Cut out excess sugars and eat lean protein at every meal to help with your recovery and keep you feeling full. - The responsibility to be healthy is in your hands, no one else is going to do it for you!
SAMPLE MEAL: LESS THAN 350 CALORIES LUNCH
2 cups spinach, 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, 3-4 ounces of grilled chicken
2 Tbsp. of Vinegar (balsamic, red wine, NOT creamy) & 1 Tbsp. of PURE olive oil (if you prefer no oil, make sure you include a healthy fat such as a ¼ of an avocado, or 8 almonds) 1 cup of sliced strawberries
COMPARED TO REWARD MEAL: MORE THAN 800-1000 CALORIES!! 2 chicken soft tacos with cheese/sour cream -1 cup chips and salsa, soda or ice cream (add another 500 calories)
* STAY ON TRACK- Eating a reward meal because you worked out will actually cancel out your hard work!! always remember moderation is key and to STAY FOCUSED ON YOUR GOALS!! (I included some nutrition tips for you in the challenge section on my website :)
THURSDAY: WARM UP --> STRETCH --> Complete the following:
START WITH 1 mile OR 10 minutes of consistent jogging
Put a time cap at 25 minutes (all can add weight or decrease reps to 15 if too difficult)
- 20 Triceps Extensions
- 20 Alternating Bicep curls
- 20 Reverse Lunges (add weight)
- 20 Box Jumps or Step Ups
- 20 Donkey Kicks
- 20 Burpees
- 20 Russian Twists (2 sides count as 1 rep)
- 20 Jumping Jacks
- 20 Sit Ups (holding weight)
FINISH WITH a 4 minute run/jogg or something to get your heart rate up - STRETCH
FRIDAY: Warm Up & Stretch :)
PART A: Complete for 10 rounds with 1 minute breaks in between!
- 10 Fire Hydrants (each leg)
- 10 Mountain Climbers
- 12 Alternating Jump Lunges
- 10 Glute Bridges
- Single-Leg Glue Bridge Hold (hold 10 seconds each leg/ make sure to keep your hips held up as high as possible!)
- 10 Power Squats (squeeze your booty when coming up!)
- For 2 minutes do as many PUSH-UPS as possible. Compare to your first week scores
- For 2 minutes do as many SIT-UPS as possible- Compare to your first week scores
THIS IS NOT YOUR ENDING POINT! Keep incorporating fitness every day! Did you meet your goals? Perhaps set new goals and focus your mind on completing them! Fitness is not a simple fix, it’s a lifestyle. We have proven that you could do a work out anywhere in just a half hour NO MORE EXCUSES! Make sure you take time to incorporate fitness into your everyday routine. If you prefer some guidance, just repeat the challenge, and soon you will be able to feel confident enough to create some of your own workouts! Most importantly – BE PATIENT! It takes a bit of time, but if you persevere and keep at it you will succeed!
I will be checking the #JenSelterChallenege everyday even after May. Looking forward to creating another soon :) YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!