Happy Thanksgiving! I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your continued love and support. Seriously, I’m so thankful for all of you who keep me motivated and inspired to live my best life, every single day.
It’s easy to forget about all the things we’re thankful for during the rest of the year, which is why we have a special time to remember them and give thanks. There’s so much to be thankful for every day and taking a moment to realize this elicits positive energy in the world. I'm a big believer in the energy you put out is what you get back in return - so make sure to spread only good vibes always. I wanted to share some daily encouragement to be more thankful throughout the whole year and not just on Thanksgiving. Here are my five tips to giving thanks this holiday season:
1. Appreciate the small things, no matter how small. This goes without saying. Anything that brings you joy or that helps you out in life, you should be thankful for.
2. Don’t take ANYTHING for granted. One of the greatest tragedies of life is never knowing when something is for the last time. It’s important to realize what you have when you have it, because oftentimes we only realize what we have when it’s gone.
3. Remember, what goes around comes around. If you’re grateful for what the universe provides, the universe will continue to provide. Giving credit where credit is due, treating others how you’d like to be treated, and accepting whatever is thrown your way, is good karma. Encourage someone when they need it and be thankful for the opportunity to do so. When you need it, you know karma has your back.
4. Look on the bright side. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If ever you’re feeling sad or doubtful, frustrated with life, and that you have nothing to be gracious for, that itself is something to be grateful for. What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger and overcoming challenges helps build resilience. There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.
5. Find one thing to be grateful for every single day. This is something even I forget to do sometimes, but it’s important to designate one moment every day to list the things your thankful for. Maybe it’s in the morning, right when you wake up and you’re thankful for your health and the strength to wake up and start your day. Maybe it’s before you go to sleep and you’re thankful for all of the wonderful things that have happened to you that day. Whatever works for you, remember, there is always something to be thankful for.
Overall, just remember to appreciate everything you have in your life - even the bad - because without the bad, it’s hard to recognize all of the good. Don’t let another year go by without remembering just how great of a life you truly have.
I’m grateful for all of you every single day, what are you thankful for? Comment below :)